Studio Together for All
Fierté Montréal works with the general public, governments, institutions, partners and the media to raise awareness about the realities of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.
Fierté Montréal's studio is part of its mission to amplify the voices of the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.
Fierté Montréal's mission is to amplify the voices and experiences of the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities in order to ensure their inclusion, representation and recognition of their rights in society. By listening to the needs and demands of its communities, the organization acts as a vehicle for positive change by celebrating achievements through pride events and by taking action in a collaborative manner. Fierté Montréal works with the general public, governments, institutions, partners and the media to raise awareness about the realities of the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.
Fierté Montréal's studio is part of its mission to amplify the voices of the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities. By facilitating access to recording space, quality audiovisual production equipment and the support of a production technician for community organizations working with sexual and gender diversity communities, Pride Montreal aims to support their missions, their actions and their results.
2SLGBTQIA+ community organizations that need to produce audiovisual content and whose needs can be met with the equipment available to Fierté Montréal will now be able to produce quality content at a lower cost.
Fierté Montréal’s Studio Together for All is available for groups and organizations working by and for sexual and gender diverse communities. However, we also encourage non-community projects or individuals to apply if your approach, your subjects or you as in individual are directly aligned with Fierté Montréal’s mission (as previously described).
For example, a person who identifies as a member of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities who wants to record a jingle, an audition, a story, among others.
The eligibility criteria are:
- The production must focus on topics related to sexual and gender diversity;
- The production requires audio, visual, or audiovisual production;
- The production of the content can and should be done within Studio Together for Al;.
- The project and production must have a set timeline;
- Content production can and take place from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. from September to May, with the exception of year end holidays (December 15 to January 15);
- Fill out the booking request form;
- Commit to respecting the Fierté Montréal standards and criteria described in this document.
Booking request form
Fill out the online form to submit your production project.
Before sending your request, please make sure that you have the requested information on hand, and that you’ll have all necessary materials on production day.
If you don’t have the materials when you arrive at the studio you won’t be able to use it and the day will be considered a missed appointment.
You will receive a response by email or phone within two weeks of submitting your request.
Be aware that disponibility is limited and that sending a booking request does not ensures you recording time.
Services and materials offered
Here is a list of equipment that can be used in the Together for All studio. Please note that this equipment cannot be borrowed or used outside the Pride Montreal offices.
- Audio equipment
- 4 SHURE SM7B microphones on a desktop tripod;
- Rhode Caster Pro Audio Console;
- 4 Sony MDR7506 headphones.
- Photo/Video Equipment
- Sony A7 III camera with 17-70 lens and tripod;
- 2 GoPro cameras, models 8 and 9;
- 2 LED lights on a tripod.
- Other Material
- iMac 2018 Intel 9, 32 GB RAM;
- Multiuse workspace (for example, make-up station).
- Production Technician
A production technician will support you in recording and filming your production projects. Please note that the use of the studio requires the presence of a Fierté Montréal technician and that the technician does not offer post-production assistance. They will be with you during recording and filming in order to help you produce your content and archive it properly.
- Services not Offered
- No post-production support is available;
- No production or artistic direction support is available;
- No recording mediums are provided (memory cards, etc).
Depending on the equipment you need to use in the studio, you must bring the appropriate type of computer memory to record your content.
- Sony Camera
When planning to use this material, you must bring:
- an SD memory card of at least 32 GB for 1 hour of HD content; or
- an SD memory card of at least 128 GB for 1 hour of 4K content.
- GoPro Camera
When planning to use this equipment, you must bring (for each GoPro):
- A microSD memory card of at least 32 GB for 1 hour of HD content; or
- A microSD memory card of at least 64 GB for 1 hour of 4K content.
- Audio Recording Equipment (SHURE microphones and/or Rhode Caster Pro Audio Console)
In planning to use this material, you must bring:
- A USB flash drive of at least 16 GB for an hour of audio content in WAV or MP3 format; or
- A hard drive formatted for Apple computers.
It’s good practice to bring an empty USB flash drive with at least 64 GB of space, in case your memory cards fill up completely during project recording.
Please note that after recording or filming if there is time left in the reserved period, the technician will be able to help you with the archiving process.
The studio, with its goal of offering a creation space by and for 2SLGBTQIA+ people, must remain a safe and caring space at all times. No harmful words or gestures, be they racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, or simply violent, will be tolerated in this space. The group, organization or person making the reservation will be held responsible for keeping the space free of any violence.
If reprehensible behaviours occur, recording will be stopped immediately and the group, organization or person will be required to leave the premises. No further Studio Together for All reservation will be granted to the group, organization or person for at least one year.
Fierté Montréal commits to disinfecting the equipment before and after its use.
If you have any of these symptoms: fever, cough, fatigue, sore throat, headache, body aches and/or diarrhea, you must inform us and we will ask you not to come. We will do our best to find you a new time slot.
A cancellation or change of production date must be made 24 hours in advance, unless exceptional circumstances arise. We may not be able to reschedule the project production to a date close to that initially agreed upon.
If you miss the second appointment or if you make changes less than 24 hours in advance for a second time, Fierté Montréal may cancel the service offered for your project or organisation for the rest of the season.
You agree to mention Fierté Montréal’s support in creating your content production project:
- In text communications when publishing the content on your platforms;
- Verbally, in the project’s audio and/or video content;
- Graphically, by including our logo in the video.
The Studio Together for All is located in the Fierté Montréal offices (4262, Sainte-Catherine Street East, suite 200, Montreal, H1V 1X6), on the first floor of a building with no elevator.
You should arrive at least 30 minutes before recording is set to begin.
If you need time to prepare on the premises (make-up, hair, etc.) you can ask the person responsible for your check-in and they will accommodate you with access in advance, if possible.
You must respect the allocated time slot. Understand that once your time is up, the production technician may stop recording and ask you to leave the premises.
Call for Projects
Fierté Montréal occasionally offers opportunities to apply to calls for projects. These will be shared via our communication channels.
These project initiatives could offer the possibility of accessing additional grants to support you in producing an entire audio-visual project. In such case the studio would be a tool available for the selected projects. Stay tuned!
We amplify the voices of the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities.